Happy Trio

Happy Trio

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Baby



We had a wonderful Valentine's Day. It was the best ever! Paul and I went up to the Salish Lodge to spend the night and have dinner at the Dining Room. Its our favorite restaurant in the area and the best food hands down. So, if you havent been and are interested, I really recommend it!

We had a sitter come in to watch Sophia. It was a bit hard getting her down for the night just cause she was so intrigued by the new place, people, and the fire place roaring lol...but once she was down it was fine. She slept 3 hrs straight until she woke up, but we had just got back right then, so I was able to get her back down without and fuss.



The evening was wonderful. It was SO nice to have couple time with my honey. We havent been on a real date really for a few months....at least one without interruptions or calls asking to come back to the hotel room to help our poor little girl get back to sleep. What can ya do? Since she nurses to sleep, its hard to get her back down any other way.....and Paul doesn't lactate so, hehe!

Dinner was amazing as always and we had some champagne, well, I had champagne and Paul had his vino. He surprised me with these beautiful Sapphire earrings that match a bracelet he had bought for me for our anniversary. I just got all teary eyed and was so thankful for my beautiful, unexpected gift. He designed them himself even, which makes it all the more special.




Sophia signed her first word earlier that day.....she signed "milk" twice, she didnt get enough the first time I guess...but we were pretty excited and proud of her new accomplishment. She's said a few things too, or at least what it sounds like to be "Hi" and "Up". Ive been saying up to her every time I pick her up, so shes probably figured it out...but it so cute, cause she will be sitting in front of me or standing, and I'll hear something come out of her mouth that sounds exactly like "up" its hard to believe really, but she keeps saying it, so it can't be a random thing right? She said "Hi" a couple times a while ago....I didnt know if at that point it was just a fluke, but now shes said it a couple times....so Im thinking she's getting it a bit. It's really exciting, shes always vocal in general, so I think getting this whole talking thing down is what really interests her!

She will be 9 months here soon, I can't believe its been that long already. Heck, she was in my tummy for that long, although, this time has gone by so much faster!!! I'll blog about her 9 months soon! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day. For me, it was the bestest ever!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT date!!! Yay!! Sophia looks so cute in her Valentine jammies! And wow, beautiful earrings. You know, Chad and I have never been to the Salish? I suppose we should go sometime!! Maybe when Aidan is 16 and can stay home by himself?? haha Glad you had a great time!