Happy Trio

Happy Trio

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby's got a new pair of skills!!

Well, it seems that Sophia has picked up a few more endearing qualities! She's crawling better now....to the point where she's trying to follow after us now...its really cute. I'll be in the bathroom upstairs and she will be in our bedroom and will peek around to see where we are!

We took her to the park a few days ago and put her in the infant swing there...she loved it! I have a little video of that, but I'll spare everyone all these videos of our girl! Here's a picture though!



She's also figured out how to throw things now! Not sure if this a good or bad thing really, but its fun for her. Someone will put either a ball or one of her "shapes" (she has one of those deals where you put the right shape in its hole for it to go through) and will toss it! We got it one video, its really fun to watch her! I've posted a video for fun!





She's become a lot better with feeding herself now too. She eats pieces of cereal and veg or fruit with her fingers! She wont have very much that way, but its a start. She even drank from her sippy cup BY HERSELF today! So proud I am!

We're still mostly on pureed foods still, her gag reflex is sensitive still, but I think that's in part of her being sick at the moment. She's almost back to her normal self. This cough needs to go away though, its making her gag still, especially at night, and she got sick in bed both evenings. It has been SO hard lately, its challenging enough taking care of a baby, but a sick one at that. Im so ready for a nice vacation!!! Most of all, I just feel bad for her....she must be so confused as to why all this has been going on the last few days and why she hasnt felt well. Our sweet little girl. Bless her heart.




Well, I'm praying that by Monday/Tuesday ish, she will be back to old happy, non puking Sophia. I have done so much laundry and gone through so many sets of sheets on our bed this week! I think her record is 3 kinds of pjs for an evening. Oh well, could be worse right?! What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! But I am really on the edge of cracking! Lord help me!

Anyway, so thats whats going on in the Archer household for now. We're remodeling our downstairs to add 2 bedrooms a bath and a wine and laundry room. Flynn and Shelby are going to move down there, and we'll have another bedroom free for when the next baby comes along. Hopefully, sooner than later! The whole thing is supposed to be done mid March. I can't wait. It'll be nice to have a husband back...he's been working hard to make this all happen for us. Hope everyone is doing better than we are!

She's worth all the fuss though.....can't resist a face like this!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey, I just got on to get some blogging time in before bed and saw your post. Yay for Sophia! I can't wait to see her crawling!! Glad she's feeling a little better and eating again. Poor thing. Aidan loves the swing at the park - he actually sometimes smiles!! haha My serious boy.

And I loved your blog post title... heehee